Planning and Development in the Mid North Coast

Posted by Sheds n Homes Mid North Coast on 3 October 2014

It may not be necessary for you to apply for council approval for your new shed in the Mid North Coast of New South Wales, but as this region falls under many councils, you will need to contact them, or a local registered building certifier directly to ascertain whether or not you will need to put in a submission.

If your type of shed, garage or kit home is not exempt, then you will need to submit a development application. Usually a garage or carport will fall under the minor residential development, which means you are exempt from having to submit a development application, but you will still need to apply for a Development and Construction Certificate.

In both processes, there are certain documents that you will need to submit about your building, Sheds n Homes Mid North Coast can assist you with your application, and can supply some documents during the quote process, and then others once a deposit has been made.

While we have a great understanding of the local building requirements in the Mid North Coast, we still recommend that you contact your local council directly to see what is legally required for a new shed, garage or kit home on your property.

Sheds n Homes Mid North Coast proudly supplies this local New South Wales Community with a large range of sheds, from residential garages, steel workshops, farm sheds, equine buildings, steel framed houses and commercial sheds. Call us today.